After a relatively late night last night, I was looking forward to sleep for a solid six hours before rising to head back to class. As my luck would have it, I had the pleasure of waking not to my usual alarm of The Littlest Hobo theme song, but rather a domestic dispute outside my door. Good morning, Clayton Park! Sigh. So my cortisol levels are a bit elevated. Rant, rant, rave, rave.
On a happier note (depending on how you want to look at it), I've started my final course of my MAEd! Im very excited to be done, though I'm a bit remorseful for rushing things so much. Such is the life of a working poor student I suppose. I've realized I may never be finished with school, regardless of whether I'm enrolled in a degree program or simply taking courses out of interest. I've already found my next course to take, at Dal - Advanced Analysis of Complex Survey Data. Is it sad that I'm over-the-top excited to get back into quantitative research? As much as I love words and value the contribution of qualitative research, I'm now at the point where I just need some numbers in my life. I'm scheming to find a way to create my thesis out of that course if possible. Largely contingent on my not finding full-time employment this summer, but it's still fun to dream...
So my final course - after my mini-rant, it probably seems odd that I'm taking a Writing for Qualitative Inquiry course. Consider it my last-ditch effort to get some passion back for writing and qualitative research. Don't get me wrong; I love writing; words are my best friends. But we've had a bit of a falling out the past few months. Will we rekindle our tumultuous relationship, find our passion for each other again? Stay tuned; your guess is as good as mine.
Call it what you like: a log, a journal, musings, rants, raves, or mindless blathering. Anything I feel may be of interest to you or me will be added in. Regular posts should not be expected (though I promise I'll try really, really hard).
About Me
"Some set great value on method, while others pride themselves on dispensing with method. To be without method is deplorable, but to depend on method entirely is worse. You must first learn to observe the rules faithfully; afterwards, modify them according to your intelligence and capacity" -Sze and Wang, 1963/1707, 17).
"You name your way, I name my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist" - Neitszche
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment