"Some set great value on method, while others pride themselves on dispensing with method. To be without method is deplorable, but to depend on method entirely is worse. You must first learn to observe the rules faithfully; afterwards, modify them according to your intelligence and capacity" -Sze and Wang, 1963/1707, 17).

"You name your way, I name my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist" - Neitszche

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunday: Attack of the Lummox

After 12 hours of class in 24 hours, I decided I needed to unwind a bit and turn my brain off. A friend was in the city for her sister's body building competition (!?) and begged me to go out with them...so I did. Luckily for my weary mind and body, they only wanted to grab a drink and some food. Sadly, even that was enough to wipe me out.

Today was a struggle; I was wiped out and running on limited sleep. I rose early, but had to crawl back to nap for most of the morning. I've had a final assignment on the back burner for a while, and today was my deadline - luckily it was short, so I managed to summon the strength to pump out five pages of barely-coherent ramblings and little else. That's what Sundays are for though, right?

I had the best of intentions to begin my writing project today, but a lack of motivation and Netflix hindered my progress. My impending thesis had been looming in my mind lately, preventing my more creative side from surfacing (at least on paper; I played my guitar today in a struggle to avoid my real work). This whole taking-a-vacation-from-my-mind thing is proving to be easier said than done...

So I intend to start the week off fresh tomorrow. I'm able to work from home tomorrow, so I plan to get my work space in order so I can find some clarity - clean and organized spaces equate to a clear and focused mind for me. I'm hoping for some warm weather this week - nothing inspires me more than a beautiful sunny day when I can sit outside and soak it in. Cross your fingers; I think we could all use another sunny day...

No comments:

Post a Comment