"Some set great value on method, while others pride themselves on dispensing with method. To be without method is deplorable, but to depend on method entirely is worse. You must first learn to observe the rules faithfully; afterwards, modify them according to your intelligence and capacity" -Sze and Wang, 1963/1707, 17).

"You name your way, I name my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist" - Neitszche

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A bit of inspiration...

My partner had a chance to see this in-person while she completed her MA in Waterloo a couple of years ago. This guy is...amazing. Check out everything he (PrufRock) has up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFDZeZnONGI

I've always been absolutely fascinated by and drawn to slam poetry and spoken word. We have a few exceptionally talented performers here in Halifax who I've had the pleasure of seeing at various events (one of which was held at the Mount a year or two ago...that no students went to. But that's an issue for another day). One such talent is Shauntay Grant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jo4cKsoQs0

And El Jones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9NdXx7sNZ8&feature=related

And Tanya Davis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7X7sZzSXYs

Enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment